After another All-American season at Purdue, Carsen Edwards is going to get drafted in June - the only question is: when?
Prognosticators seem to be all over the map, but all are in agreement that Edwards' historic NCAA Tournament performance last month helped his cause. The Boilermaker guard is now starting to appear for the first time in first round projections:
- Sam Vecenie (The Athletic): 25th on the Big Board
- NBADraft.net: 48th overall
- Forbes: 39th overall
- NBCSports.com: 25th on the Big Board
- ESPN.com: 25th on the Big Board
- Reid Forgrave (CBSSports.com): Not listed (first round only)
- Bleacher Report: 28th overall
Edwards is an incredible scorer, but his size (6'1 may be generous) and lack of passing ability is a concern. He actually ended up with more turnovers than assists this year, and if he's going to be a factor on the next level, he'll have to become a better facilitator. That said, his scoring ability is hard to ignore and his bulldog mentality should be endearing to scouts.