It may seem silly to make a fuss over two 5-6 teams facing off this Saturday, but for the first time in a long time, the Old Oaken Bucket game will have more than pride on the line for the Boilermakers and Hoosiers.
So, what's at stake?
- They'd be bowl-eligible for the first time since 2012, and for the first year of Jeff Brohm's tenure, which would be quite an accomplishment considering where the program fell under Darrell Hazell.
- Would record their fifth win over a Power 5 team this season. That hasn't happened since the late Joe Tiller's Boilers won five during the eight-win 2006 season.
- A fifth-straight Bucket win, which would be the Hoosiers' longest winning streak in the series.
- They'd make a third-straight Bowl appearance - that's only happened once in program history.
- Would keep their hopes alive for the program's first winning season in ten years (2007) and the program's first Bowl win in over a quarter-century (1991).
Are you more invested in the game than in past years? Leave your take on our Fox Sports 97.5 Facebook page.