The criminal charges filed against a fan for throwing a catfish onto the rink in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final are getting dropped. The man, Jacob Waddell, told 104.5 The Zone in Nashville that he executed a really intensive plan to get the catfish into the arena.
Here are some of the details via ESPN.com:
- He bough game tickets and then bought the fish at a market.
- To conceal the smell, he sprayed the fish with Old Spice (clever) and kept it cool while they were driving to Pittsburgh.
- He filleted the fish, cut out half its spine, and ran it over with his truck to better conceal it, which is pretty gross.
- The fish was concealed in his underwear, under extra baggy shorts.
- During a stoppage of play, we walked down to the lower bowl of the stadium (he had nosebleed seats), and launched the catfish onto the ice.
Here's a clip of the interview: